Stole this one! Thanks to those who have used this inspirational format!
- To be a good mom. It’s hard, guys. It’s hard when your kid is a trapezoid with sharp edges and school is a round hole.
- To make better food choices. (As in, not having frustration cookies for dinner. See above.)
- To get more sleep so I am better equipped to do the things listed here!
- (work) Belonging through a Culture of Dignity: The Keys to Successful Equity Implementation by Cobb and Krownapple
- (book club) Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber
- (me) The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Burg
- (audio) Chasing Cupcakes by Elizabeth Benton
- (next) The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon.
- I could be in the sunshine instead of just seeing it through my window. (That said, I appreciate my windows, because I’ve had many years of classrooms without them!)
- I had answers for some of the un-answerable questions.
- I could spend a day with my grandpa.
- Grades didn’t exist.
- Each day of eating healthy and exercising could reduce one month’s worth of not doing so.
Currently annoyed by…
- People’s noses. (Seriously. Wear the darn mask correctly.)
- We’re doing state testing. For the love of all that is good and holy, why?
- How much I struggle formatting things on here when I have designed perfectly decent-looking websites!
Currently happy that…
- My daughter loves her new job.
- My son has been having lunch in my classroom lately. I’m hoping this will be something he remembers from pandemic time.
- The siding on our house is finished!
- The weather has been sunny lately.
- I am in the middle of teaching my favorite unit of the year.
Current podcasts I often play…
- The Calm Parenting podcast by Kirk Martin
- Primal Potential by Elizabeth Benton
- The Urban Alternative by Tony Evans